Monday, December 1, 2014

Homemade Soap Shops Q&A


Just a few of the 40+ soaps available
in my soap shops

I thought I'd take a few minutes to answer a few questions that my CranberryMorning readers have had regarding my two handcrafted, vegan soap shops.  I realize that it can be confusing at times, so I'll see if I can make it a little clearer.

I first opened HomemadeSoapnSuch.com as an online shop.  It wasn't until quite a bit later that a friend twisted my arm talked me into opening an Etsy shop - HomemadeSoapnSuch.Etsy.com

 Olde Thyme Christmas
Lavender & Thyme

The following are some things you might want to know about my two shops:

At HomemadeSoapnsuch.com

  •      One can purchase any soap in quantity. I usually have multiples, and you can choose the number desired. If the number ordered exceeds the number in inventory, I will email you and ask for a second choice.

  •      There is a shipping charges chart on my sidebar. 


  •      There is no mechanism for leaving feedback.

  •      There is always BUY FIVE OR MORE, GET ONE FREE   Every time you purchase 5 or more bars, you can leave a message in the 'message to seller' on the order form and type the name of a bar you'd like as your FREE bar. That free bar must be listed in the 'message to seller' or in an email to me. Please do not include it in your purchase, as you will be charged for that bar if it is listed among your purchases. We don't want that now, do we. (No.)


Balsam & Fir


At HomemadeSoapnSuch.Etsy.com

  •      One can purchase one bar of any soap at a time, unless I have it listed as an item more than once. However, one can Convo me and ask for a quantity, in which case I can put it up as a 'Reserved Listing.'

  •     Etsy has their shipping charges listed per first bar and then a certain amount for each additional bar. 

  •      There is a place for buyers to leave feedback and prospective buyers to read what others have said about my soaps. (I like that feature!)

  •     There is always BUY FIVE OR MORE, GET ONE FREE:   Every time you purchase 5 or more bars, you can leave a message in the 'message to seller' on the order form and type the name of a bar you'd like as your FREE bar. That free bar must be listed in the 'message to seller' or in an email to me. Please do not include it in your purchase, asyou will be charged for that bar if it is listed among your purchases. We don't want that now, do we. (No.)  Is this sounding familiar? Is this beyond boring?

 Figgy Pudding
Fig & Brown Sugar

I'll admit that ordering through HomemadeSoapnSuch.com is easier, you have more control over purchasing multiples, and closer to actual shipping charges.  Regardless of which shop one places an order, it all comes directly to my email Inbox.

Orders placed before 8:00 AM in the morning (CST) will often be shipped the same day  (if it is a business day).  All orders are shipped within 1-2 business days.

One-two bars are shipped USPS  First Class Mail. (for domestic orders) International orders are a different matter. See my Etsy shop for information)
Three or more bars are shipped USPS Priority (for domestic orders)



Either way, all the soaps are made by me, using natural, vegan base oils, herbs, spices, only natural colorants, essential oils, quality fragrance oils, using stainless steel equipment, and in my wonderful kitchen. Soaps are cured in my designated 'Soap Room' which is kept cool year around.

 Curing

All soaps are 4.5-5+ oz., and each comes wrapped in a cigar band label with an ingredient list on the back, and enclosed in a clear cello bag with gold seal.



I am sorry this got to be so long, but I do hope it answered some of the questions you might have had.

CHRISTMAS ORDERS:

To ensure that your domestic order arrives in time for Christmas, please place your order by December 16. It's not that I don't trust the Post Office, exactly, but...well...




Frosted Apple Spice

...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at



Although I usually forget to do it, there is a chance that this post will be linked to one or more of these great linky parties:  Amaze Me Monday and Inspiration Monday and Mosaic Monday and The Barn Collective and    Treasure Box Tuesday and Vintage Bliss Tuesday and KatheWithAnE and Rubbish Tuesday and Our World Tuesday and Tuesdays at our Home and Tuesday with a Twist and  Knick of Time Tuesday (vintage)  and   Tweak it Tuesday and Vintage Inspiration Wednesday and Ivy and Elephants Wednesday and Adorned From Above  and Artsy Corner Thursday and  All Things With Purpose and Home & Garden Thursday and Good Fences on Thursdays and  Time Travel Thursday and Freedom Fridays and Vintage Inspiration Friday and Saturday's Critters

15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i know my neighbor loved the autumn soaps i gave her so am certain she'll enjoy your christmas scents, too.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love the photo of the shelf of soap bars! So pretty! xoxo

Debby Ray said...

What a beautiful job you do on these soaps. I think my DIL would really like these. Thanks for the reminder... I need to check out your store!

MadSnapper said...

thanks for the info...

Patty Antle said...

I imagine it smells really wonderful at your home. They look so pretty!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i need to come visit you and buy some more. i really dislike paypal. they have made me mad. ) :

going to read about craisins. ( :

Bethany Carson said...

Enjoyed reading about your soaps!

DeniseinVA said...

So neat to have a soap selling business. I enjoyed reading about them.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This was so much fun to read and I learned some things. I like seeing the curing process! And the soaps? What can I say? You KNOW I'm a HUGE fan of your soaps and use them all the time. I need to try some different scents though! They are the BEST! Enjoy your week! Hugs, Diane

Terri D said...

I LOVE your soaps! Everyone should buy a few bars and find out how great they are. My friends love getting them as a gift this time of year!

Lynne said...

I love your soaps which are now "my soaps."
I have one bar near our kitchen sink and one near the master BR sink. I cut a bar in half . . . which makes it easier on my arthritic fingers/hands. A warm hand wash helps my hands feel soft and ache free.
Thanks to you Judy . . .

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Your soaps look so pretty! I will have to visit your ETSY shop

Debbie Harris said...

This was very informative, Judy.
I have always wondered just where the soaps were made. I love them even more now that I know you make them in your home and with your own lovely hands.
I'm due to order again soon. :-)
Have a wonderful week.
Joy! Debbie

Stephanie said...

Hi Judy! You know I love your soaps and it was so much fun seeing how you make them. I can imagine your home smells delightful!

Hugs to you!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Awesome posts with so much information. I love your soaps!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails