Thursday, November 10, 2011

It Makes Scents to Me!

 Which type of scent appeals to you?

Today I'm hoping to get some help from my Cranberry Morning blog readers! Yes, that's you!  :-) I am going to be making a couple new soaps this month, but with all the possibilities out there, I need to try to narrow down the field a bit.

Before you get scared off, let me say that it's only a survey. And why a survey? Okay, I'll try to keep this short, but the story goes like this:

A couple friends and I were discussing what types of scent we like best. Being a pumpkin spice lover, it never occurred to me that not everyone else is! Some people prefer floral scents, some herbal, etc.

SO, here are the categories you get to choose from to tell me which type of scent appeals to you most - And this is just for fun. You're not signing a legally-binding document or anything!

  1. Floral  
  2. Herbal 
  3. Fruit  
  4. Woodsy 
  5. Spicy  
It's really kind of fun to think about the scents that appeal to you most. Categorize them to determine which category is the strongest, and then please leave a comment telling me (and the other readers) which one it is.  Okay, if there a tie or a near-tie, then just list both.

Actually, I wrote down all my favorite scents and then realized that I have one category that definitely outweighs the others, though another comes close.

You may have guessed it: They're Fruit and Spice, almost neck and neck.

How about you? I'd love a comment from you naming your favorite category.

Thanks for helping me out!  :-)



Photobucket
...and more!

Check out all my handcrafted soaps at

Photobucket

25 comments:

Life Happens said...

I'm much more of a floral scent person, but for the holidays, I like the spices.

Parsley said...

I'm sure I will be placing an order to try your soaps at some point. LOL

I like simple and uncomplicated...like vanilla.

Marti said...

Woodsy, herbal, spice, fruit, floral. Those are the order of my favorites. The first two scents remind me of meadows, and pine forest. Some florals are ok, but not the really sweet heavy ones.

Judy S. said...

Boy, that's tough! It truly depends on my mood. I don't really care much for herbal or even woodsy although I do love your lemon verbena combo. Floral, fruit, and spicy are pretty much neck and neck although I don't care for a heavy floral like lily.

Cindy said...

I actually prefer unscented products, but when that isn't a choice, I like fruity scents.

Aliesha Caldwell | Feathers in Our Nest said...

Tie for me between floral and fruity!

Unknown said...

I'm thinking herbal or spicy. It's one of those days that I cannot make up my mind about anything!

Rita said...

Fruit is a light and uplifting scent so it is my favorite. Around the holidays I like a peppermint scent.

Denise said...

I like floral, and fruit.

brlracincwgrl said...

For the holidays I love the spice scents, but for any other time I really enjoy the Woodsy scents :).

Ruth Kelly said...

I vote for the fruit and spicy.

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

I'm going to have to go with fruit if I have to make a choice. I love the smell of lemon or lime early in the morning to get me moving! It always smells so fresh and energizing! At night I like apple or like you, pumpkin spice. They remind me of my mom and so comforting.

laurie said...

I like spice! Especially around the holidays.

danika said...

This is a tough one! I think for me, it depends on what time of the year it is; in the fall and winter, i like spice the most {LOVE your Sugar 'n' Spice soap!}; the the spring and summer, fruity scents - lemon & peach, especially.

Bethany Nash said...

I'm a "fruit." ;) There are certain scents in every category that I enjoy, like pine or mint or almond, but fruit is the top (especially citrus).

Natalya said...

I vote woodsy and spice, but not exactly holiday spices...I mean more like your Jasmine soap. Things that make me thing "middle east" or "exotic". ;) I love your into the woods soap too, and something that was pine would be very pretty. :)

debbie bailey said...

I like floral the least, so that gets a #5. I LOVE the Mandarin Orange Spice I ordered from you. It's wonderful! I guess my #1 would be spicy. #2 is herbal. #3 is woodsy and #4 would be fruity. Hope this helps!

Unknown said...

I'm guessing spicy!!! But perhaps a little herbal, too!!! Fun chit chat Judy!!! Always a treat to stop by!!!

Aimee @ ItsOverflowing.com

Yenta Mary said...

I would have to go with floral and fruit, but really - that's a tough choice!

Under Her Wings said...

Well, I tried this once and it failed, but I'll try again. We seem to have one more thing in common. I love fruity and spicy, almost neck and neck tied. I also love fruity-spicy!

Cranberry Morning said...

Thank you so much for taking my little 'scent survey.' It has been great fun to read all your responses. :-)

Unknown said...

I've always been more into the fruit smells... but I've never turned away from spice either.. I know you only wanted one, but I'm indecisive, I can't help it!! :)

Anonymous said...

It's fruity over here! and vanilla which isn't a category I know but I love just straight fruity fruit scents, vanilla or the two mixed!

Michelle
A-Tisket A-Tasket

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

Judy, I prefer fruit and herbal scents. Unfortunately, I have fragrance allergy/sensitivity and must stick with very mild natural fragrance in any type of products I use. If you're a pumpkin spice lover, have I got a treat for you!

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Fruit always wins! Spice is a close runner up. But I do like natural smelling floral/herbal. There are certian ones that make me sick. Like citranella and lemon grass, ick! I love vanilla. And how can you go wrong with cinnamon/clove/giner/nutmeg?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails