Monday, May 2, 2016

In the Neighborhood - Wisconsin Barns and Good Fences

 Happy May!!

May is finally here. In Wisconsin, May IS springtime. It's when everything comes to life again after the long winter. March is only a name on a calendar, certainly not springtime. April is just a tease, but May is seriously ushering us into summer. Sunday afternoon was brilliant, with its blue skies, puffy white clouds, and grass growing so fast that Mr. C. was out mowing. I love this time of year.


Right now the woods is carpeted with May flowers!
Brought to you by the Creator/Sustainer who generously give us such abundant beauty.


All of these pictures were taken within a few miles of our farm.

 Cute little hobby farm

 The Woolly Quartet


This is one of my favorite farms on Highway O. I see it every time I go to Rice Lake, and I love it when their cows are put out on pasture after the interminable winter is finally over.
 
 Another set of gates on the same farm.

 Now THESE are contented cows. Look how many of them are lying there, soaking up the sun and chewing their cuds. I think the one on the right front is simply sleeping.


We will be in the Kickapoo Valley of Wisconsin for a bit of this week, so I don't know if I will get another blog post in or not. We'll see how it goes. I will most likely miss Joyce's Hodgepodge on Wednesday, always a fun challenge. But of course there's always Instagram, which is easy and fast and more portable. So if you like to follow the photos of Wisconsin, I should be posting some on there while I'm gone. If you're not on Instagram, I think you can view them on my sidebar.

I hope you all have a wonderful week and sunny skies.


Instagram: @cranberrymorning 


At some point, I will hopefully get this post linked to Theresa's Good Fences and Tom's Barn Collective.


Check out my natural, handcrafted vegan soap!
Buy any 5 or more, Get 1 FREE

French Lilac & Lavender
Natural Vegan Soap


...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at
 
HomemadeSoapNSuch


and at


Our ETSY Shop
 









Judy

28 comments:

Christine said...

Oh those blue flowers are gorgeous! I love your springtime views of the farmlands of Wisconsin!
Have a wonderful week,

Dicky Bird said...

Just beautiful. Yes, the one looks like she is sleeping...soaking up the sun. Love the woolly sheep too!

Diwakar said...

Hello Judy. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am blessed and feel honored and privileged to get connected with you and also know you through your profile on the blogger because of who you are in the Lord Jesus Christ. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 37 yrs in the great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. we also encourage young adn the adults from the west to come TO MUMBAI to work with us during their vacation time.We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends and also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the year 2016

Linda Kay said...

Judy, such a welcome post this morning. Love those barns and brings back memories of Illinois.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Judy! wonderful post from Wisconsin. I love the barns and farm land. The cattle scene is one of my favorites, along with the cute sheep. The May flowers are lovely. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

Tracy Batchelder said...

It's nice to see the grass is green again and I love those tiny blue flowers! Welcome spring!

podso said...

Wow those May flowers! It seems you never run out of barns to show. Love seeing them all and the hobby barn is as cute as can be!

Terri D said...

Great photos! I love seeing the cattle. Enjoy your trip and time away!

MadSnapper said...

be sure to kick up your heels in Kickapoo... and have fun... i love the first photo. it looks like an arrangement. the barn, the silo and the tree all in the perfect spot for the photo. the other barn and trees, wonder what happened to half the tree by the silo... i am thinking photoshop it. HA HA...

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Mmm, no wonder those cows are happy and contented -- that grass is beautiful green and tall. Wonderful. The little blue flowers are wonderful and of course I love the barns.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Beautiful photos as always my Dear!! Don't we live in beautiful country? ;) And such Springyness (that's a technical term I'm sure) showing up everywhere!! Love it!!

Your photos always makes me want a hobby farm. But I guess I get a bay. We can't have it all, right?

Blessings. xoxo

Pamela Gordon said...

I love these spring photos Judy. I guess the season is in full swing there now. The pic of the cows is wonderful to see. Still cool here and this week is unsettled. Enjoy your little trip and the lovely spring weather. Blessings, Pam

Tired Teacher said...

Fantastic photos of rural scenes. The Holesteins in the field brought back wonderful memories.

It's been snowy and rainy here, so I'm excited for May to start bringing some Springtime conditions.

TexWisGirl said...

love the red barns against the blue sky - and great fence shots, too. :)

Michelle said...

I love these peaceful farm scenes and those flowers are the perfect shade of blue.

Judy S. said...

Nice photos! Enjoy your time away.

Lynne said...

Cud chewing contented cows pic . . . a keeper . . . Loved it!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Your area is so lovely, Judy! I love every photo and your header is stunning! Enjoy your beautiful May! ♥

20 North Ora said...

What beautiful countryside. Love the wooly sheep - precious. And I would say those cattle are very contented. Thanks for sharing your pretty country with us.

Judy

Cheryl said...

Spring is springing in Wisconsin!! Such pretty scenes you have shared here today! (Or was it yesterday? I am totally out of sync with the blogging world these days!) :)

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Love the country scenes and those blue flowers are gorgeous

Anonymous said...

Wonderful visit today. I especially love the sheep...I am a big fan of sheep! Hugs!

This N That said...

Wonderful photos of a beautiful country side..Thanks for sharing...Our sheep are closer to the ground...Have a good week..

L. D. said...

I always enjoy the farm scenes and animals that you share.

handmade by amalia said...

There is something about a red barn... great photos.
Amalia
xo

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy May
Happy week

Hope you are enjoying your visit to the Kickapoo Valley

All the best Jan

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Judy, I love those blue flowers. Do you know what they're called? I always enjoy your farm and barn photos, especially at this time of year. It all looks so inviting!

Lady Fi said...

Such pretty scenery!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails