Tuesday, June 25, 2013

VBS June 2013 - Kingdom Chronicles

Praising our KING.
The kids loved the active song time!

Yes, we did have VBS (Vacation Bible School) earlier this month, and it's just now that I'm getting around to posting about it! The curriculum this year was spectacular - and from Answers in Genesis. The theme: Kingdom Chronicles. VBS consisted of praise time, Bible lesson, memory verses, craft time, drama. (That's drama from our amazing teen drama team!  In fact, I meant to get a photo of one of the 5 daily drama segments, but I became so engrossed in the drama itself that I sat there with my camera and totally forgot to take a picture!)



The kids' VBS offering went to 'My Father's House,' a Haitian orphanage partly supported by our church.

 The drama stage


"Lower the drawbridge! Open the gates! Get ready to charge into a time filled with kings, kingdoms, and majestic castles! Amidst the pages of The Kingdom Chronicles, your knights and fair maidens will
  • Discover that we’re involved in a battle between two kingdoms—the kingdom of God and the kingdom of the Enemy;
  • Understand how they can become citizens of God’s heavenly kingdom;
  • Learn to prepare for battle by wearing the full armor of God daily;
  • Be equipped to serve and obey our heavenly Commander—the King of kings;
  • Determine to train their brains to know, memorize, and obey God’s Word!"

 The Eye
My grandson (in the middle) keeping an eye on his grandma :-)

Our 5 year old grandson and his 14 year old sister stayed with us the week of VBS. He attended VBS and loved it. Our granddaughter was a huge help in the craft department, always willing and ready to do any task I assigned to her. 


 The Village
One of the crafts the kids made in VBS
I posted the tutorial on Cranberry Morning HERE

Washing Tie-Dye Shirts
The kids enjoyed Tie-Dye Thursday

VBS is sometimes exhausting but always fun - and a wonderful ministry and blessing to not only the children of Providence Reformed Baptist Church, but to all who attend - including the teachers and helpers!


Kingdom Chronicles is based on Ephesians 6:10-18:

'Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.  Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.  For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.  Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.  Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,  and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.  In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.  Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.'



Photobucket

This post may be linked to one or more of the following: Mop it Up Monday  and Get in My Tummy and  Cure for the Common Monday and  Clever Chicks Blog Hop and  Barn Charm and  The Marketplace  and  Mix it up Monday and Make it Pretty Monday and    Making the World Cuter Mondays and Make the Scene Monday and  Something I Whipped Up Monday and  Motivate Me Monday and  Making Monday Marvelous and Get Your Craft On and   You're Gonna Love it Tuesday and Creative Showcase and Memories by the Mile and  Tweak it Tuesday and  Coastal Charm Tuesday and  Take a Look Tuesday and  Tasty Tuesday  and Love Bakes Good Cakes  and Overflowing With Creativity and Mom on TimeOut  and Adorned from Above and Wildcrafting Wednesday and   Cast Party Wednesday and  We Did it Wednesday  and All Things With Purpose and Home & Garden Thursday and It's a Party at Creative Princess and Artsy Corner Thursday  and The Girl Creative Thursday and  Creative Things Thursday and Be Inspired and Time Travel Thursday and Thrifty Things Friday  and  Friday Fences and  Thursday's Inspiration and  The Self-sufficient Home Acre and  I'm Lovin' it Thursday and Creative Things Thursday and   Mandatory Mooch   and Foodie Friends Friday and Freedom Fridays and  Anything Blue Friday and Junkin' Joe and  Serenity Saturday and Get Schooled Saturday  and Inspiration Friday(ThursNite) and Vintage Inspiration Friday and Photo Friday and  A Favorite Thing Saturday and Sunny Simple Sunday and Sunlit Sunday and  Market Yourself Monday and  Saturday Nite Special


19 comments:

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

How fun! All of their cottage's turned out great. Our VBS is in late July this year.

Samantha said...

Judy this looks so fun!!! I really wish I was nearer, I'd have loved to come along as a 'helper' hee hee!

p.s. you know when I say helper I mean joiner innerer?

Amy Burzese said...

This looks like a lot of fun. What fortunate youngsters to have caring adults to help them have summer fun and Bible study at the same time.

MadSnapper said...

all the little kiddos look very happy and that is quite the village they created...did a great job on that...VBS is really a great things for kids and also fun to

Unknown said...

I so remember going to VBS when I was a kid. I always remember having such a good time. I'm sure the cookies and the games we played were a big factor in that :)

Paulette said...

My children attended VBS at our neighborhood church while we were not members of that church, they would always extend an invitation to the neighborhood children. They always had an awesome experience and produced some unique arts and craft items along with fond memories.
God bless all the wonderful people who volunteer their time and talent at VBS.
My grandson just finished a week at VBS and had a blast! Your houses are marvelous.

Maggie Ann said...

What a wonderful program and turn-out!! Praise the Lord! I enjoyed your post so much.

Unknown said...

Looks like the VBS was a good one. We just finished ours too and had over 250 childen. The money they raised goes to the youth and their mission trip to Guyana.

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Looks like so much fun!! How wonderful to share it with your grand kids!!

Denise said...

Very precious.

Ruth Kelly said...

Love the little cottages. I am not sure what VBS stands for but is sounds wonderful.

NanaDiana said...

I love VBS and what it does for the kids. The crafts are really one of the highlights for the kids, aren't they? LOVE the little houses! xo Diana

Chatty Crone said...

That looked like a wonderful VBS. I used to go... my kids went...Andy went...and now he is a helper! sandie

Sally said...

Hey Judy, I came over from "At home with Mrs. H" where I saw in your comment you were from Wisconsin. I live in Texas but grew up in Wisc. and my parents are still there, NE of Madison about 1/2 hour.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Very nice. They created some really nice projects and staging.

Carla from The River said...

Hi Judy,
The boys enjoyed reading this post.

Atticus said "Does she have a photo of me?" LOL ;-)

Terri D said...

Oh my, Judy! What a wonderful group of kids! I just know they all learned so much. The village houses turned out just great, and I love the way your grandson was "keeping an eye on grandma"!! LOL So sweet. Welcome back and thanks for sharing your week with us!!

laurie said...

I used to love VBS as a kid, and I loved teaching for many years,too. Brings back good memories!

J_on_tour said...

What a great turnout to hear the message, those houses are great.

It reminds me of when I helped with the equivalent type of club in the UK. We never gave ourselves enough time for the craft as it was all squeezed into a 90 min evening programme.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails