Thursday, October 25, 2012

Catnip


Right now the house looks like Santa's workshop (with the maid obviously off on holiday). There are boxes, soaps, baskets, etc. lying everywhere, it seems. So as I walked in and out of the house (several times) this morning,  I was oblivious to the branch that was hanging in plain sight on the cookstove.

What??!

Oh yes.

Hmmm. Yep, that was Kevin's doing.

Catnip.

And what would we need catnip for, you might ask? Making tea?



Nope.

Tuppence loves that little ball filled with catnip!

So while she was taking a morning nap, I stuffed some catnip into the ball, then threw it onto the bed where she was sleeping.

...'And they're OFF!!!'



'Mmmmmm. Smells wonderful!.'

She spent the next several minutes holding that ball, batting the ball, cuddling the ball, licking the ball, and tossing the ball into the air.



'Mine! And you're NOT taking it away from me!'

I tried taking it away for a second because it was about to roll off the bed.
That was NOT a good idea. Those little claws are sharp!




And now, after a good amount of exercise, she will probably get back to her nap.


Okay, that's enough of this monkeying around. Santa's workshop needs tidying up!


Hope you have a great day!


***

'Lemon Verbena'
(NOT Catnip!)
...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at

17 comments:

Trace4J said...

How fun.
There should always be monkeying around in Santas workshop.
Hugs
Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Amy Burzese said...

Aren't they fun to watch? Santa's workshop sounds like a fun place to work :)

SImple and Serene Living said...

I think she got her early Christmas :)

Denise said...

Really fun post.

Unknown said...

Love the pictures you got of Tuppence playing! I had a catnip plant once and my oldest cat got into the actual plant and went crazy!! So crazy that about 5 minutes later, he was zonked out on his back with his legs spread in the air! It was the funniest thing!

MadSnapper said...

i had no idea that catnip was from a limb, don't think i ever thought about it being a plant... a real duh moment. great shots

Chatty Crone said...

Okay tell me why cats like it. Do dogs? Love your photos and your sweet cat. sandie

Terri D said...

Ours love catnip too! They are so fun to watch as they get "high" on that lovely smell! LOL Very cute photos. Very pretty cat!

Robin said...

Love your pictures...but what I like see the best was your post boxes, salt and pepper shakers.

RURAL said...

She certainly isn't giving up that ball is she...

I need to go out and cut ours before the frost gets to it.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

Mama Hen said...

I loved that last post! Now I want to make a wreath. And the kitty and the catnip is so cute! Cats are such fun to watch! Have a great day my friend!

Mama Hen

Kristen Rettig said...

The maid was off on holiday? Oh dang, don't you hate it when that happens!!

Ruth Kelly said...

My cats go wild over catnip!

laurie said...

Cute post!

vintage grey said...

Love these cute photos of your kitty!! xo Heather

Yenta Mary said...

One Christmas, my mother bought catnip treats for my kittens. As I was hanging up my coat, after putting down all the bags of goodies we'd brought back from my parents' house, I heard a crashing and tearing noise. One of the kittens had apparently caught a little whiff of the drugs, and had leapt into the bags to dig out his fix!

Carla from The River said...

Fun post! We have a surprise for you. I will tell you soon. :) Think Cat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails